Often imitated, never duplicated                     Mixed Media - artwork using more than one medium.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Meet Our New Design Team Members


We had a huge response to our Design Team Call last month. We looked through all the blogs and applications and finally asked two amazing designers to join our team. It was a difficult decision. We had so many awesome applicants that we asked several to join us as guest designers. So, be sure to check back on the 15th of each month for the next few months to see who our special Guest Designers are. We know they will be providing you with loads of mid-month inspiration to encourage you to make a project or possibly inspire you to make more projects for our challenge that month.

Now, without further ado, please meet our newest designers and check out their gorgeous "Think Pink" Projects. Be sure to visit their blogs and leave them a warm welcome in their comments.

Astrid MacLean


I have been stamping and paper crafting probably for about 10 years or so, but did not get seriously into it until about 2007. My paper crafting hobby has developed from those early stamping and card making days into using many different media and I would like to call myself a mixed media artist. I love journaling, altering all sorts of objects and playing about with gesso, acrylic paints, different mediums, collage and many layers. Often I use my stamps more for creating backgrounds rather than as a main vocal point. My style is Vintage/Shabby Chic and I love playing around with ribbons, flowers and lace. http://astridsartisticefforts.blogspot.com



Debbie Burns


Hi everyone, Debbie here and I'm thrilled to be joining The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Design Team! I love to incorporate mixed media into my shabby chic layouts and canvases. I've been scrapbooking for 15 years and love the creativity this wonderful craft unleashes in me. I live in beautiful state of Maryland near our nation's capitol. By day I am an Assistant Project Manager for a general contracting company. In the evenings and weekends you can find me in my scrapbook room creating away and when Spring arrives I am busy outside tending to my flower gardens. http://lovelifeslittlepleasures.blogspot.com 

18 comments:

  1. Fantastic news! Congratulations to Astrid and Debbie! Can't wait to see your monthly projects! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Astrid and Debbie, what amazing additions to your team! I look forward to seeing what they come up with! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, huge congrats to Astrid and Debbie!!! Look forward to seeing your projects xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Astrid and Debbie, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing projects!! Welcome to the team - looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats ladies! GORGEOUS projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, I am so excited to be here and really look forward to being part of this team!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - such seasoned vets of the craft... this is really exciting. Congratulations Astrid and Debbie - so excited to see your new projects and learn from you both. Happy Valentine's weekend too!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats ladies, must sign up to follow.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the new DT members! I look forward to seeing your crafty inspirations in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Astrid and Debbie - your debut entries are stunning. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to Astrid and Debbie! lovely inspiring projects here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations ladies! Thanks for this inspiring creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huge congratulations! I don't know Debbie but Astrid is certainly a perfect fit for the team - she is an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic to see Astrid here - how exciting! - and looking forward to getting to know Debbie and her work.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!